Rezaf Diary

I'll write about my daily life, as a PhD Student at the University of Illinois. I'll put some photos from my town, Urbana, and some music.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

The best thing about pears.


When I was very young, I really didn't like pears. I always preferred apples to pears. This changed when I read the "Pinocchio" (Or I saw it in a cartoon first? I'm not sure...) There the blue fairy insisted that pinocchio should eat the entire pear, even the seeds. From then, I accepted the idea that pear is an edible fruit!

Any way, tonight I was eating a pear, and got to the conclusion that the blue fairy was almost right, even a pear's seeds can be tasty! Yet, there are two parts of the pear that at least I cannot eat, which are depicted in this photo. These parts almost wooden, and apart from termites, I don't think other creatures are supposed to eat them! Quite a novel discovery, don't you think so?!

Note: Click on the photos to enlarge them.

If you feel interested in any of them and want to get the original file, please don't hesitate to email me!

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, you don't wanna eat the rear end!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home