Rezaf Diary

I'll write about my daily life, as a PhD Student at the University of Illinois. I'll put some photos from my town, Urbana, and some music.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Why are we here ??

I found a question today in YAHOO! Answers (Check it out! You can ask a question and get fast answers from real people! And you can answer other people's questions! COOL!) which got my attention! I started answering it and then I realized that I can put my arguments here. What do you think about this question (and my answer to it)?! Give your answers in comments!

Question: Why are we here ?? Mankind on earth ??

My answer:
From a scientific point of view, There should be a set of conditions all present to generate intelligent life. For example, there should be a star (sun) and a planet orbiting around it in a very specific distance to produce the correct temperature for the carbon molecules to be combined and produce more complex molecules (such as proteins and amino acids) and a lot of time (about 5 million years) for the evolution process to succeed so on... And a lot of chance! (What would have happened if that ape who had a genetic evolution, perhaps from a cosmic ray hitting his father's sperms, had died before mating? Then maybe the human beings were looking much different, or worse, intelligent life could have been postponed for another 2 million years, which by that time our sun could be much brighter, and the settings for intelligent life would exist no more! As you see, there is a LOT of fortunate random circumstances involved here). Scientists believe that only our planet earth has such a set of conditions satisfied. And since it had them, life should have started anyway.

Now you can ask is it possible that only planet earth has this specific set of conditions in the whole universe?! Good question, that many people are searching for answers for! Just search SETI in google.

Now, I believe that all of this great chain of conditions being satisfied is not random, and there should have been some cause to bring us into being. People call it God's will. Now if you ask why he made us, here and in the way that we are (humans), nobody exactly knows!!

But there is an answer provided in holy books. God says (as those books state) that he made us so that we know him, appreciate his creation and praise him.

At least this is what philosophers have figured out up to now (or better to say, what I have figured out from what they have figured out!)

Note: Click on the photos to enlarge them.

If you feel interested in any of them and want to get the original file, please don't hesitate to email me!

3 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
I want to say that ur blog is so good ang your english too ! thank you abour comming to my blog ! and at last I'm sorry beacouse my english in awfull!

 
At 2:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I just read your answer to the question "What comes before God" over on Yahoo!Answers and thought, "whoa, man." My old boss asked me that question the other day and I thought I'd find the answer... Think I'll send him that way if he ever emails me...

wow...

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Rezaf said...

Thanks Joe, I'm happy you liked it. I have another short article on the same subject here, take a look at it too:
http://rezafdiary.blogspot.com/2006/02/another-indication-of-my-philosophical.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home