Rezaf Diary

I'll write about my daily life, as a PhD Student at the University of Illinois. I'll put some photos from my town, Urbana, and some music.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Spam, Spam, and yet more Spam!

Before I start this post, I want to tell you that my weblog is now rss-enabled! What this means for you is that you no longer need to check my weblog once in a while to see if it's updated. Instead, it will come to you whenever it is updated! So, what you need to do is to click on the image on the right hand-side of this weblog (Sometimes this same image is already shown in the address bar above, look right now! If it's there, click it right now and you're done!). When in the new page, look at the address bar of your browser, you should see the same image there. Now click on this image and follow the instructions. In the Firefox browser, a bookmark icon is added (below the address bar). Whenever you click on it, a small menu opens there showing of there is any new posts here. That simple!

Note that for this to work, your browser needs to support rss. Firefox has this capability already (It's absolutely a gorgeous browser! Much much better than Microsoft's Internet Explorer! Download it, it's free!). For those who still use Microsoft's Internet Explorer, it doesn't support rss (yet, it is due for the next version), you can use stand-alone news readers. (Also there are many add-ins for both Internet Explorer and Firefox to make them manage rss feeds better.)


I'm sure it's something you all have to face with in a daily manner. Spam emails fill our inbox folders and take a lot of our productive time to be deleted manually. Ofcoarse there are auto-filters such as the ones in yahoo email (junk folder) that do this chore manually, but they're not perfect either. Lot's of spam emails find their way to my inbox folder and sometimes important emails I'm waiting for end up being filtered!

Usually most of them are harmless advertisements, but today I got a very interesting one! It was from a firearms seller, who was advertising his grenades and guns! Ofcoarse they're legal in this country to possess, but I'm not such a guy to feel comfortable with a grenade in my drawer!

I was always wondering why my freezer is always full of things I don't know... So earlier this night I went to check to see what stuff I have there... Well it was reasonable, 2 packs of meat, 4-5 packs of chicken, 3 packs of turkey, 27 packs of grinded meats, 7 packs of ... excuse me!!! 27 packs of grinded meat?! How did they end up there?! More important than that, what should I do with 27 packs of grinded meat?!! It seems that I have to eat grinded meat for the rest of this semester!

I end this post with a picture of my cluttered desktop! The first person who finds my lost Algorithms textbook in this picture will win an Ipod!!!


Note: Click on the photos to enlarge them.

If you feel interested in any of them and want to get the original file, please don't hesitate to email me!

5 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I managed to ##Capture ## your ##Blog ## whilst trying to ##Dominate ## the scenes with my ##Blog## I did enjoy reading what you wrote even tho' i did not intend to as I was looking for a site that a story of ##MLM##so I stopped by your site , Interesting, i like how the other half lives, Nice read , than you. Annieb

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, it is under your note book, bingo, i want my ipod

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

come on!!!your room is still such a mess!!!!by the way you can use those 27 packs of grinded meats to make some kufte!!!!:D:D:D i can help you if you need any!:);)nice text!!!!have a nice day!!try to guess who i am!!!:D

 
At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mannn! why do you use such huge amount of exclamation mark ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boro mizeto morattab kon, bache joon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home