Rezaf Diary

I'll write about my daily life, as a PhD Student at the University of Illinois. I'll put some photos from my town, Urbana, and some music.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

There is a new kid in town.

Yes, There is a new kid in town, and it name is... Palm Treo 680.

Call me old fashioned if you want, but I'm still using a palm Zire 21, basically because it can go on weeks without recharging. But, recently I'm having a problem with my bulging pockets; You see, taking a palm, a Nokia 3650 (remember the old beast?) and an mp3 player has taken its toll on my pockets (Well, what do you expect, I'm a starving student, not a CEO! Well not yet!)

So, naturally when I hear a CHEAP palm treo, without an antenna is going to arrive soon, I'll jump in joy. BUT, if only it is cheap.
And by cheap I mean less than $200 cheap, without a plan. I have my GSM sim card from T-mobile, which I'm happy with, and I don't want to buy a (new) plan to change my phone.

All this said, this is a list of what I hope to be in this new phone:
1. low price.
2. long battery life, even if I listen to mp3 on it.
3. good mp3 playback quality.

The rest is already there. My favourite? GCC is already ported to palm (Geeks know what I mean!), and it supports Java. What else does a man want?! (Um... did I mention it needs to be cheap?!)

Oh by the way, I don't care about the VGA camera. It's all about the lens. the pictures coming out of 1.3 Mega pixel cameras are as bad as VGA ones. Well, for that matter, I also ditched my canon A520 for picture quality in favour of a Pentax DSLR. Any way, my advice is: Don't shoot pictures with cell phone cameras! You're just ruining the picture! Get a real digital camera (only my 2 cents).

Note: Click on the photos to enlarge them.

If you feel interested in any of them and want to get the original file, please don't hesitate to email me!

1 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Blogger jeerjeerak said...

Use up your eidi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home